Sunday, May 23, 2010

Artist's Statement

I started painting portraits of pets about 12 years ago. At first I practiced using photos of animals in books and personal images of my own cat, to create samples of how a pet could be displayed on a rock. The river rocks were free for the taking and I lived a block away from the river, where I walked daily. The different shapes are what determines the end product. Each is a solid work of art and can be customized.

Even as a child I was so excited to receive art supplies and kits for gifts. I could hardly wait to try them out to see what new creation I could fashion and build on any surface I found.

I enjoy making my own templates and stencils to be used over and over again on many different surfaces. I've painted on cloth for napkins, curtains, place mats, and canvas floor mats. Wood is easy to decorate too. Furniture, boxes, window planter boxes, mail boxes and shelves can be customized for any decor. Metal cans, mailboxes, bed headboards, terra cotta pots and many other household items can be painted to suite your room.

I've also painted a few wall murals in the past 10 years to express my own style and love for color. I use many elements, shapes, and textures to convey a message. I have always used art to create many different things. I taught classes for Macreme, which is the use of cord or rope tied into decorative knots. My other hobbies have included soap making, candle making, knitting, crochet, jewelry making, gardening, cement molds, growing flowers for drying to use in crafts, flower arranging and making potpourri.

Feel free to browse the pages here and contact me if you are interested in having your own pet painted on a rock. Visit MY PROFILE here on my blog to send me an email and include a photo of the pet. I will get back to you with a price quote according to your individual request.

Thanks
Tina Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment